Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Smoooooth!

I had a great weekend of riding this past weekend spending Saturday climbing Hwy 7 out of the foothills and up to the Peak to Peak Highway. The climb adds up to about 4000ft of climbing with some pretty steep grades along the way west of Jamestown. The total ride was about 54 miles and took about 3 hours and 40 minutes. I was definitely wasted after the ride and was in bed by 9pm with a pretty brutal headache. I woke up the next day and hit the road again with a 2 hour pretty intense ride out in the flats. Altogether it was a good weekend of riding in preparation for 3 days in Moab this coming weekend.

I also made a purchase to upgrade the mountain bike. I bought some new wheels and hubs which are oooooo so buttery smooth! It has made my bike even better and I am glad I made the purchase. Hey I was just stimulating the economy! HA! I also went tubeless with the new wheels which was kind of a tough decision. I have heard both good and bad about going this way but I decided it was a good time to give it a shot. If I have a good experience then good times. If not well I just go back to running tubes in my tires no big deal.

Anyway just pounding through the week and can't wait for this weekend.

Oh yeah and on a final note I am going to have a roommate for the summer after all. It will benefit with both Tim and I. He won't have to pay rent in two places and I won't have to pay all the bills. Our friend Alexis is going to take Tim's spot for the summer. Shouldn't really change anything. She will be in classes all summer and I will be workin and riding as much as possible. Sounds like a plan.

No comments: