Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Busy Busy

First off, sorry it has been so long since my last post. I was out of town in Fruita again this last weekend with a Tim and my buddy Keith from Steamboat and then this week has been crazy busy with work staying late to help my boss put the budgeting package together and keep up on my other everyday duties.

This past weekend at Fruita was even better than the first time I was there which was hard to top! The weather was absolutely spectacular with temps in the 60s and nothing but sunshine for us to tear up the single track! I got to play guide since nobody else I was with had been there before. The first time I was there I got a bunch of maps and trail descriptions from my boss who goes out there every year for his birthday and committed everything to memory.

When Timmy and I got there at about 9:30 Friday night the moonlight was absolutely amazing! So bright you didn't even need a headlamp to walk around. I got everyone to agree to go out for a midnight ride down a trail named Kessell and it was a blast!

The next morning we woke up and rocked about 30 miles of trails that day. Everyone had a great time and there were no injuries. However, we had 6 FREAKIN FLAT TIRES! within an hour. Rob had a reasonable pinch flat from hitting a rock. Then Timmy got a flat from a cactus. We made it back to the camp site and had lunch and were getting ready to ride again when Scott and Keith picked up their bike they both had 2 FLATS A PIECE! Turned out that Keith and Scott had both run over the same freakin cactus and there were needles all over their tires! We got everyone all fixed up and headed out again.

Sunday morning we headed out again hitting about 25 miles of trails. I was able to ride with a guy named Greg from work as well. He is a middle aged guy who absolutely rips it! He stopped by our camp just as I was finishing lunch and I asked if anyone else wanted to head out with us. Timmy decided to head out with us as well while the others took a rest for a bit. Greg and I charged a run called Joe's Ridge which is an absolute riot! Up and down winding and haulin ASS! We flew down that Greg right behind me and Timmy a little ways back. We then took off down Kessell and decided to climb back up Kessell. Timmy tried to keep up but Greg and I were puttin a hurtin on the climb and on Timmy! I look forward to riding more with Greg around Boulder as well. He will definitely help my riding and I hope I continue to stay in shape like Greg!

So as I said earlier work has been pretty busy. I have stayed about 2 hours late each night and 3 hours tonight working on learning the budget process and all the inner workings of the excel sheets, pivot tables, and databases that form our budget roll up. I have a long way to go but I have learned a lot so far and I am enjoying learning the financial analyst role. Now it is onto the month end usual duties that will keep me busy for the rest of the week. Here are a few photos from this weekend in Fruita.

The group of fellers; Left to right , Timmy, Me, Rob, Scott, and Keith

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Single track on Western Zippety

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ridgeline on Frontside

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me launchin off a rock jump after flying down the windy Joe's Ridge!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: