Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Beginning

So I am putting this blog together for much of the same reason that many others do. It's an easy way to keep my family and friends updated with what's going on in my life since I am not to big on using the phone.

I'll just go ahead and get started with what is coming up for me in the next week since not much is going on currently. A week from tomorrow Friday Sept 7th I will be jumping on a Greyhound Bus from right here in Boulder with my bike and bob trailer all boxed up and head 19 hours to Bozeman, MT. It's actually only a 9 hour drive but with all the stops and what not it will take a lot longer. I am not looking forward to the ride but what awaits in Bozeman makes me super excited!

My good friend AJ Rowell has been riding for over 3 months now on his Trek 520 Touring bike and covered over 4,500 miles from his starting point in Prudhoe Bay, AK. I will be meeting him in Bozeman to tour from Bozeman, MT to hopefully somewhere between Logan and Salt Lake City, UT. We will ride through Yellowstone National Park, The Grand Tetons, and cross through the Wasatch Mountains to Utah. I am expecting it will be around 400 miles in about 10 days or less. I will also hopefully get a chance to stop in and say hello to my friend Lincoln who might put a story together for the news about AJ's ride. AJ will then continue on his journey down to the Mexican border and then head east to his hometown of Cullowhee, NC.

This vacation has been a long time coming as I have spent a lot of time talking with AJ during all of his planning and keeping in touch with him along the ride. I can't wait to be a part of such a great cause. AJ is not only riding for himself and his love of riding bikes but he is riding for a number of charities. Check out www.whyiride.org to see how you can help his cause. I will have more posts as the days till the ride dwindle. I CAN'T WAIT!

On a quick side note I should have a pretty active weekend as usual. I will probably have a good day climbing in the canyons on my road bike Saturday possibly pulling my trailer getting ready for the ride. Then Sunday I might get my first couple 14ers in this year with my former CFO. I have been doing so much riding this summer that I haven't even really thought about my goal of climbing all 54 14ers. Oh well though as long as I am outside enjoying the sweet mountain air we breathe!

No comments: