Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope your day is fantastic!

I believe I am currently on the mend from the Mono. I am keeping in mind that though I am feeling better there is still a long way to go. I can't get to carried away too soon. The last two nights I have been able to sleep clear through the night and the swelling in my lymph node has gone down considerably and my throat is feeling much much better though it is still swollen and jacked up on the inside. I continue to drink absurd amounts of water and use the bathroom every 45 minutes to an hour. I was all too lucky to be able to keep my appetite through the worst of the symptoms.

This morning I awoke and opened the presents that have been sitting in my room for over two weeks. The big kids in my family aka Reagan, Leslie, Ryan, Matt, and myself decided to do an exchange of sorts in that we drew one name and spent a set amount of money on that one person.

Ryan was my Santa this year and he got me this Fox Racing T-Shirt:



This fantastic drive train cover to protect my dérailleur and chain from dirt when traveling called the Chain Condom! Lastly, these awesome Oakley Factory Gloves which will be my race gloves.



My parents got me a Helmet Cam which I have used once already and will actually be putting together a time lapse of me opening the presents once I get a script from my buddy Robert. They also sent me a care package with goodies from the Dutch Essen House in Shipshewana, IN (Amish Country). I got Banana Bread, Snickerdoodles, Homemade Egg Noodles, Beef Base, Peach Rings, Chicken Corn Noodle Soup, and Apple Snitz! Pretty bomb care package if you ask me!

Also my girlfriend Ellen left me a package in her car as she went home to Alamo, CA for Christmas and is currently traveling to AZ to visit family. I went out and got the present this morning after she emailed me it was in there it was "The Cyclist Training Bible!" Sweet!! A fantastic Christmas Morning it was!

This afternoon Abby is cooking up some lunch so I am going to hang out with her and Brendan since they have both had Mono there is no big worry of getting them sick. We will watch some snowboarding movies I am going to take over at Brendan's request and enjoy the day.

Once again Merry Christmas to all and have a GREAT DAY!

B

No comments: