Saturday, February 9, 2008

Glorious Sunshine!

Today was a great day in Boulder. I woke up this morning pretty early since I didn't sleep to well as I have been fighting a cold. It hasn't really set in and I like to think I might have caught it in time so I have been able to keep it under control but last night it was making me feel super light headed and it was hard to get back to sleep. Anywho I woke up to 40 degrees with the sun shining. I made some delicious fresh blueberry pancakes and brewed some of the best coffee there is (Danger Monkey). Then sat around for a bit and went and sweep out the car and cleaned up the inside.

After I was done with the car it was about 50 degrees with a light wind. I decided it was the perfect time to get outside on the road bike and cruise for a while. I went for about an hour and half bike ride and I sure wasn't the only one! Bikers were out all over the place which is one of the many reasons I love this town. The first part of the ride was awesome. I made my way north and east out of town and then headed south. As I got toward the south end of town it was WINDY AS HELL. The wind was screaming down from the mountains and made my quads scream even louder. I can't believe all the nastiness that came outta my lungs which hopefully was a bunch of that cold that has been at me the last couple of days. The cruise back north to the apt was peaceful and very enjoyable. It was good to get out on some of the bike routes I ride.

Now it's a peaceful evening at home and up to the mountains tomorrow hopefully with James from work and his wife Carly. Should be a good time and I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

No comments: