Monday, January 14, 2008

Glorious snow!

Words can't quite describe how phenomenal this weekend was! I am glad I am able to have a good post like this compared to my last one when I was frustrated that I couldn't make it to Steamboat.

Tim and I took off Thursday night to head up to the Boat and it couldn't have been at a better time. As we were coming over Rabbit Ears pass the snow was falling and we had a feeling Friday was going to be a good day but we couldn't have imagined that it would be as good as it was. We woke up to a snow report of 15 inches and it was all that and more... why because we know the good spots! Tim, Rob, Dave, one of Dave's buddies Eric, and I tore it up! We were terrorizing the trees and blowing off every drop we could find! Here is a video of me going through the rock garden just out of bounds around the Pony Express lift line.



After a fantastic day of riding we were exhausted but there were shows to be seen. Rob, Tim, and I went to the South Austin Jug Band show for ski jam and then went out to the bar for a few drinks. Of course we ended up a little tipsy and decided to take Saturday off even though the snow did not! Steamboat reported another dump of about 20 inches which would be prime for Sunday.

We awoke Sunday to another report of 8 inches and Keith was finally able to ride with us. He had been pretty under the weather but was finally able to get out. Tim, Keith, and I took off and got up just in time for Rob to join us for a few runs on his break from workin the lifts. We tore through Pony Express for a while and then met up with Julianne and continued to tear it up the rest of the day.

Here are a few pictures to top off the weekend I wish I could have everyday!

Me flyin down a drop close to Tomahawk



Julianne and I (my little Hippie)



Tim, Keith, Julianne, and I

No comments: